Pink and Grey Galahs

Pink and Grey Galahs:


                                          Acrylic on board 15cm x 15cm (6" x 6")

I'm finding it very hard to get around to painting as often as I'd like to. I feel there are so many things I should  - and want - to be doing that I don't know where to start. In the end I often don't start at all. Thankfully, I did finally begin working on a painting yesterday. I painted for an hour or so but the sunshine was calling my name, so I gardened for a couple of hours before returning to paint for another hour. I have just spent 2 more hours on it today. I have worked from a photo I posted a few months ago. I have always liked the photo but hadn't intended to paint from it as it was already a piece of art, but in my sluggish mental state, it looked like an easy option.

I should know by now that no subject matter is an easy option. It was a painstaking task to get the angles and stance correct on these cheeky birds to capture their quintessential galahishness. Or should that be galah-ity? Their antics do inspire hilarity!

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

L'avenir en question